Home Open Account Help 287 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Arkansas and Missouri Question

Date: 02/16/10 14:58
Arkansas and Missouri Question
Author: nomosantafe

I have a a few days off, and am trying to decide where to go. When does the A&M operate?

Does the Monett Turn still run during the daylight? It's been 5 years since I visited, and I am considering heading up there for a couple of days.

Thanks in advance!

Nomosantafe
Fort Worth, Texas
"Where the West Begins"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/16/10 14:58 by nomosantafe.

Date: 02/16/10 15:21
Re: Arkansas and Missouri Question
Author: UPTRAIN

They still roll into Monett around 11 A.M. 5 or 6 days a week. Beware though...their track speed is at least 40 in spots now...it's one hell of a railroad compared to what it looked like just a couple years ago.

Pump

Date: 02/17/10 06:08
Author: robj

Yes and the hwy traffic when they leave is terrible. You are fighting the sun going north and then if they are a little late leaving Monett then you lose the light going south but still one of the best shows just keep the photo expectations low.

Bob

Date: 02/17/10 09:06
Author: highgreengraphics

It's too darn bad they don't run through the Boston Mountains and Winslow Tunnel in daylight now with the freight. That was a nice show. Boo, hoo, but I am sure glad I have the photos there that I do. I suppose they'll never get the schedule changed back until the future day they make a deal on used old GEVO's and the Alco's are retired, but then it won't matter anymore... --- --- - --- JLH

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/17/10 09:09 by highgreengraphics.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0404 seconds