Home Open Account Help 322 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Grinstein's headed to Mexico

Date: 05/05/10 18:40
Grinstein's headed to Mexico
Author: lotharb

I saw a few threads the past 24 hours about these units, and I just happened upon them at Tolar, NM today. I saw the 4697 a few times over its career, and I went out of my way to capture it, as it was one-of-a-kind unit. The unit never ever evoked a "vommit" emotion in me, as declared by others, I kinda' liked it.
Lothar
Corinth, TX

Date: 05/06/10 07:15
Re: Grinstein's headed to Mexico
Author: kcjonz

You mean the 9647 ?

Date: 05/06/10 08:05
Author: tomstp

Tolar, Tx, that is on the old Dublin district of the Santa Fe. What is the routing of these units to Mexico? Surely not through San Angelo.

Date: 05/06/10 08:29
Author: Super_C

tomstp Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Tolar, Tx, that is on the old Dublin district of
> the Santa Fe.

The author said "Tolar, NM". The units are being routed to Belen, NM and then south to El Paso, TX.

Date: 05/06/10 11:17
Author: TCnR

The Cab and Nose of the 9647 looks pretty good, very Sante Fe like. The white carbody doesn't quite cut it. At the time it was novel but very tranquil compared to the H2 scheme. Curious how they look after they acclimatize south of the border.

Maybe the south of the border RF's will figure that 16.67% of the fleet is painted this way.
Or...maybe not.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/06/10 18:28 by TCnR.

Date: 05/06/10 17:33
Author: proudfoamer

If they are being leased to MEXICO, if i was BNSF i wouldn't want them back. They will get trashed south of the border. Better 2 just sell them out right.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0447 seconds