Home Open Account Help 243 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Status of Former WP Utah Branches

Date: 06/22/10 11:03
Status of Former WP Utah Branches
Author: Riffian

I was hoping some TO'er is familiar with the current status of the former Western Pacific branches in Western Utah. Google Earth is not terribly clear, but it appears that the Warner (Tooele) branch has been lifted. The Flux/Dolomite branch from Ellerbeck appears to be in service to the wye at Flux, but not so beyond there to Dolomite. How about the Rowley branch?? Any information greatly appreciated.

Date: 06/22/10 19:09
Re: Status of Former WP Utah Branches
Author: billmeeker

The Ellerbeck (Flux / Dolomite) and Rowley branches were operating the last time I went out there, but that was a few years ago. The Tooele branch has been pulled as you mentioned, and the Marblehead branch has been inactive for many years (probably 10 at least).

Date: 06/22/10 21:36
Author: railstiesballast

Tooele branch was made redundant with the UP merger/takeover as the UP also had/has access to the Army Base at their station of Warner. The smelter at Tooele and the Tooele Valley RR are both long gone.

Date: 07/09/10 13:29
Author: MrOGDEN

Warner branch has been removed south of SR138, rails intact from Burmester. Ellerbeck branch is in use just to Flux, Dolomite has been shut down. Rowley branch was rebuilt with ribbon rail, new 5 track yard in 2009, rebuilt along with Burm from three track yard to five tracks and re-instating the wye and 6000' of the Tooele Branch. Marblehead is now used for car storage.
I hope that this helps.

MrOGDEN

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0316 seconds