Home Open Account Help 317 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > RBBB CIRCUS TRAIN to Visit Mexico City

Date: 04/14/03 11:07
RBBB CIRCUS TRAIN to Visit Mexico City
Author: rbx551985

Blue Unit Circus will be heading from Columbus, OH to Mexico City, Mexico, on May 5 and 6, via the Loredo, TX gateway. The ENTIRE TRAIN will be making the journey, however the two container cars will remain in the states (apparently NAFTA regulations prevent some of the materials from being allowed over the border). This means the 57-car train will be down to 55 cars for the jump into & out of Mexico. RR company they'll use in Mexico? UNKNOWN at this point to me, however I do know they're supposed to store near the passenger station in Buena Vista, several miles from the venue they'll play in.

Customs going in will be simple, however I can tell you from previous experience (on Red Unit back in 1988 when we returned to USA from Hamilton, Ontario) that US customs is a REAL HEADACHE! Coming back into the states, they'll want to search every room from stem to stern, so I imagine the Blue Unit's return trip into Laredo, TX will take 6-12 hours or longer at the border as the train is "searched," unles they've somehow streamlined the border process. Somehow, I don't believe US Customs is that proficient, especially with a MILE long passenger train...

June 9 and 10 is the return trip into the states, and the first venue back home so far scheuled is Lafayette, LA, where the play dates are June 18-22. It's possible they might schedule another town for a few days before Lafayette, but they might schedule the time from June 10-17 for re-gearing back into USA operating mode, vacation, recovery from Mexico, etc. etc.

Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey's official website has a schedule page at http://www.ringling.com/schedule/index.aspx

Date: 04/14/03 11:14
Re: RBBB CIRCUS TRAIN to Visit Mexico City
Author: fwwr5007

If they're going in through Laredo, then they have to use TFM for at least part of their time "south of the border." TFM is the only Mexican connection at Nuevo Laredo.

-fwwr5007

Date: 04/14/03 15:00
Author: tburzio

Hi!

Who gets to inspect the tiger cage? :-)

Tony Burzio
San Diego, CA

Date: 04/15/03 11:29
Author: jgmiller

I just looked at the schedule and noticed both LA and Anaheim are missing from the California section. I can't believe they dropped both cities but I suppose it's possible. Anyone have any more info?

John

Date: 04/15/03 12:36
Those CALIFORNIA towns WILL be Played!
Author: rbx551985

Those CALIFORNIA towns WILL INDEED be played, you can bet your buttons! The schedule that is posted on the official RBBB web page isn't completely filled in. You might note several Pacific Northwest towns aren't on their either, but ALL of them will be soon -- as each venue is "CONFIRMED" with the owners/operators of each arena, they'll be added to the web page (and thati includes ALL of the play dates & times, ticket prices, options, etc. Do not fear: RBBB will be here!

Date: 04/15/03 14:54
Author: NormSchultze

Am I to assume that the train will use UP Laredo Sub from San Antonio to Laredo? Any guestimastes on time btwn SATX and LRD?

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0371 seconds