Home Open Account Help 282 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Gallup Sub local

Date: 01/18/11 21:34
Gallup Sub local
Author: amtrak34east

With some beautiful cliff structures in the background, a BNSF local based out of Gallup,NM heads east to serve some industries off to the east. BNSF 8720 and BNSF 516 move the 12 or so box cars down off of the Continental Divide on the double track split section east of Thoreau, NM 1/17/2011

Drew Mitchem
Centralia, WA

Date: 01/18/11 21:36
Re: Gallup Sub local
Author: BNSF7400

Great shot.

Ryan

Date: 01/18/11 21:47
Author: qman

Better'n St. Louis??

qman

Date: 01/18/11 22:15
Author: amtrak34east

The only things I am missing in St Louis are:
A: The variety
B: The railfan community
C: The Arch

Other then that, scenery down here, especially in this area, is phenomenal. I don't have to drive far to watch fleet after fleet go by in both directions at high rates of speed. Ya, the orange GE parade may get monotonous. But in this territory, I don't care what the locos look like!
Like I said in another post, I haven't died, but it seems like I have went to "heaven"!

Drew Mitchem
Centralia, WA

Date: 01/19/11 00:30
Author: UPTRAIN

Drew I'm just glad I got to hang out with you one last time in St. Louis before you took off on us. I wish you luck buddy and I'll get out there to visit sometime.

Pump

Date: 01/19/11 07:12
Author: tomstp

Yeah,if you didn't have trains to foam you would have to be chasing jack rabbits.

Date: 01/19/11 11:19
Author: stlrailfan

Drew.
Glad you miss us St Louis guys, seeing the stuff you and Welch are posting already a trip down in 2012 is a must!!!
Mark Mautner
Maryland Heights,MO

Date: 01/19/11 12:17
Author: funnelfan

Drew needs to organize a snowbird get together during the winter next year. I'll be happy to escape the rain and clouds of winter 2012 in Western Washington with a trip to New Mexico.

Ted Curphey
Ontario, OR

Date: 01/19/11 16:18
Author: horny_toad_line

I'm thrilled that you guys are up there, and posting to Trainorders. Last summer my friend and I did a weekend foaming trip on the Gallup Sub (http://www.trainorders.com/discussion/read.php?1,2219541,2219541#msg-2219541). Beautiful country for railroading, keep sending us photos. We'll try to contact you if we go back next summer (likely).

Dennis, Las Cruces

Date: 01/19/11 23:53
Author: jerryheng

That's an awesome shot, Drew, thanks for posting.

But the cliff in the immediate background makes me wonder: Is that ancient hieroglyphic tagging on the wall, or modern tagging waiting to happen?

Hope this doesn't give anyone ideas... - Jerry

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0458 seconds