Home Open Account Help 244 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > UP 1983 leads the ballaster through Sheridan, CA

Date: 01/18/11 23:05
UP 1983 leads the ballaster through Sheridan, CA
Author: RyanWilkerson

Last Friday, I had kept an eye on the HeadsUpNorCal group's tracking of the UP #1983 "WP Heritage" unit on the ballast train leaving Oroville, CA which was near the our destination for a weekend getaway. There was little play in the schedule to head out of the way to catch it but lucky for us, its departure was delayed by a few hours and we saw it heading toward us between Sheridan and Marysville, CA. A quick jump off the highway and sprint back towards Sheridan netted us a few shots. The pacing shot's photo credit belongs my wife :-)

Ryan Wilkerson
Fair Oaks, CA

Date: 01/19/11 07:03
Re: UP 1983 leads the ballaster through Sheridan, CA
Author: chrisb

Nice shots. I especially like the middle one capturing the whole train.

ChrisB

Date: 01/19/11 07:56
Author: cozephyr

Now that's a well planned weekend getaway - thanks for sharing the highlight of your trip!

Date: 01/19/11 08:25
Author: espeeboy

Nice R.W., always love it when "RR time" actually helps you out with a better sun shot!

Date: 01/19/11 14:01
Author: nickrgeorge

Great shots! I posted my photos yesterday of this exact train at its ultimate destination at Watsonville Junction.

http://www.trainorders.com/discussion/read.php?1,2369848

Date: 01/19/11 23:40
Author: spinecar

AMAZING, still haven't got tagged yet n that secondary valley service! I'm gonna play the lottery

Date: 01/20/11 00:18
Author: RyanWilkerson

Thanks guys....
The full train shot was the one that I wish I would have been able to capture AHEAD of the train. Oh well, we had places to go.
The evening light was great...much better than the 1pm time frame it would have been if on time.

Ryan Wilkerson
Fair Oaks, CA

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0356 seconds