Home Open Account Help 291 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Is it Bayshore?

Date: 05/05/03 07:47
Is it Bayshore?
Author: stash

This is an SP roundhouse in or near San Francisco. Likely Bayshore. Anyone know for sure?

Date: 05/05/03 07:54
Re: Is it Bayshore?
Author: TonyJ

Stash,
It sorta looks like Bayshore, but I'm not quite sure. From the angle it appears to be a larger roundhouse than Bayshore, but the far wall area does look like it. How's that for a non-commital answer?

Tony Johnson

Date: 05/05/03 07:59
Its Mission Bay
Author: photobob

Its Mission Bay Roundhouse in SF.

Date: 05/05/03 08:12
Mission Bay Roundhouse photos

I have photos of the roundhouse at Mission Bay being tore down in 1960 on my website.

http://www.snowcrest.net/photobob/mb.html

Date: 05/05/03 08:41
Where was Mission Bay Roundhouse photos
Author: tomd

Hello:

For those of us who are new to the Bay Area, only 22 years, where was the Mission Bay Roundhouse.

Thanks

Tom

Date: 05/05/03 09:05
Mission Bay location

It was located at tunnel one between the current location of I-280 and Third st.

Date: 05/05/03 10:23
Re: Mission Bay location
Author: fjc

That building in the backround still stands, that's another easy way to figure it out, just go down to where the wye is and you can picture it in your mind as to where it was.

Date: 05/05/03 11:57
What are the engine #s in roundhouse?
Author: DWDebs/2472

The 3-peaks-in-the-roof building in back is the former Castle Metals building.

I can't quite read the engine numbers in the roundhouse stalls. Are they readable on the original?

Thanks! - Doug Debs (lots of hours working on SP 2472)

Date: 05/05/03 12:00
Re: What are the engine #s in roundhouse?
Author: stash

DWDebs/2472 wrote:

> The 3-peaks-in-the-roof building in back is the former Castle
> Metals building.
>
> I can't quite read the engine numbers in the roundhouse
> stalls. Are they readable on the original?

Don't know about the original. It is likely a news photo for the Call Bulletin or something. I pulled this from the SF Public Library archives. LOTS of photos there. Check them out.

http://sfpl.lib.ca.us/

Date: 05/05/03 14:34
Author: eps0mu0

fjc wrote: "That building in the backround still stands, that's another easy way to figure it out, just go down to where the wye is and you can picture it in your mind as to where it was."

Where the wye is? Shouldn't you say where the wye was? The leg of the wye that used to cross 16th st just before connecting to the mainline no longer does so.

JF

Date: 05/05/03 19:42
Author: jadams

I learn something new all the time. I was borne and raised in San Diego. The only house my parents ever bought was in Pacific Beach, which is on the North shore of Mission Bay in San Diego. I graduated from Mission Bay High School (class of '56)... Never dreamed that there would be a place called Mission Bay in San Francisco...

Jerry Adams

Date: 05/06/03 15:21
Author: ENGINEER

THAT WHERE CHESTER MORRIS HAD HIS FIRST RUN IN
WITH "THE SOUTHERN PACIFIC P.O."

ANY BODY WANT THE REST OF THE STORY!!!!!

RICK DUNSMUIR
LIBBY,MT.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0431 seconds