Home Open Account Help 279 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > QHKRV and other manifests through Dunsmuir

Date: 02/25/11 18:47
QHKRV and other manifests through Dunsmuir
Author: dshgamble

I had thought the QHKRV was a daily southbound manifest (running Hinkle-Portland-Roseville) but it hasn't seemed to be running through Dunsmuir on Wednesdays (apparently doesn't depart Hinkle on Tuesdays). Anyone know if this is a permanent change or what the rationale is? It seems like a funny day of the week not to start out a train. Is the MRVHK still daily?

Also, anyone have summaries on the days of the week other manifests are running through Dunsmuir? Some of those trains (QPDRV, QPTRV and counterparts) had seemed to be less than daily for awhile there--and may well still be due to the state of the construction (thus lumber) industry. I assume the MRVEU/MEURV is still daily....?

David

Date: 02/25/11 18:56
Re: QHKRV and other manifests through Dunsmuir
Author: YBA55

3 manifest, for the most part, each way. QHKRV, PDRV, PWRV and MRVPW, RVPT, RVHK.

Date: 02/25/11 19:17
Author: washybryan

Hinkle has a shut down day on Tuesday so the "Q" doesn't run out of Hinkle on Tuesday night.. From what I hear the shut down day is going away sometime in March or April depending on car loadings.. On a side note, there has been over 700 cars (centerbeans) pulled out of storage off the INP over the last 3-4 weeks so lumber loadings are increasing..

Date: 02/25/11 20:34
Author: YBA55

I think there have been 5 that I have known about in the last month or two. All CORP/Eugene bound I think.

Date: 02/25/11 21:32
Author: portlander

YBA55 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I think there have been 5 that I have known about
> in the last month or two. All CORP/Eugene bound I
> think.

We sent one to the lake yard earlier this week... ulgptr, I believe.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0314 seconds