Home Open Account Help 226 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Armored military vehicles SB on BNSF to Klamath Falls

Date: 07/03/11 13:34
Armored military vehicles SB on BNSF to Klamath Falls
Author: graybeard1942

I was in Chemult OR this morning and a 10-15 car consist of DODX flatcars came through southbound on a BNSF manifest bound for Klamath Falls and the Gateway Sub. The lead was BNSF 4452. My camera was back in the car so I missed the photo; armored vehicles with turrets is not something I usually anticipate. Checking online photos, these appeared to be Bradleys.

I figure they can go two ways. Through Keddie and on to Herlong for storage, or down the FRC to Stockton and points beyond.

This was a pretty length train, four units on the head and two DPUs on the rear. They may shorten it in KFalls.

Date: 07/03/11 16:29
Re: Armored military vehicles SB on BNSF to Klamath Fal
Author: Amtrakdavis22

This train is due into Mojave at 05:26 tomorrow morning. That would mean it will go via Gateway Sub, FRC, Stockton, Tehachai and then points beyond.

Departed Klamath Falls, CA 11:36 this morning.

Jake Miille
Chico, CA
Jake Miille Photography

Date: 07/03/11 20:02
Author: bnsftrucker

They will need the DPU's through some grades on the Gateway.

Date: 07/03/11 21:32
Author: ActionMike

Seems like every summer this a couple of miltary moves
on the Oregon Trunk to the south and then back to the north.

Not sure if it is National Guard units going to Pendleton for exercises or army / marine units going for the same.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0393 seconds