Home Open Account Help 268 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > UP's Nampa Sub is moving again at least for now

Date: 07/10/11 09:26
UP's Nampa Sub is moving again at least for now
Author: CFWRRCEO

UP must have gotten themselves pretty well backed up with all the trackwork lately on the Nampa Sub. Long about mid-day on Thursday the gates opened up and trains began moving pretty regular across the line. Friday was another good day and even with work I managed to bag quite a few trains. I now work all day on Sat without a chance to get away so the only pics are before and after work. It's been a constant stream of trains through the night till this morning. I'm sure glad to see this piece of railroad fluid again. Enjoy the pics. Bob

1. UP-6663 West with a soda ash train at Gooding, Idaho.

2. Westbound stacker with UP-8472 in the lead running ahead of a storm at Bliss, Idaho.

3. Eastbound "FruitLoop" after the storm lifted at MP-351, Bliss, Idaho

Date: 07/10/11 09:29
Re: UP's Nampa Sub is moving again at least for now

4. The Gooding Local spots a grain car on the siding in downtown Gooding, Idaho.

5. Eastbound mixed manifest crossing Main Street in Gooding, Idaho at mid-day.

6. The old bean elevator in Gooding makes a nice backdrop for UP-5260.

Date: 07/10/11 09:33

7. UP-5445 with a westbound stacker and a surprise eases past the yard office in Gooding, Idaho.

8. The UP-9237 surprise. I just love seeing the standard cab units still going at it.

9. Westbound empty stick rail train passing the tank at MP-351, Bliss, Idaho.

More coming later today.

Date: 07/10/11 15:25
Author: sp8192

Nice set of pix! I like the MU hose stuck in the handrails of #4....something a little different if someone wants to model it...

Date: 07/10/11 17:05
Author: ironmtn

Thanks for posting these. I always enjoy your coverage of the OSL in Idaho. Well done.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/10/11 18:33 by ironmtn.

Date: 07/11/11 23:51
Author: erben22

I see more C40-8's on the Fostoria cam that I have in years up here on the OSL, nice catch ! Of course, typical railfan fashion, I probably moaned about not seeing enough new SD70M's and too many standard cab GE's and standard cab SD60's and such in the early 2000's up this way.

Is the Gooding local usually running with three units these days ? Used to always have a trio of SD40-2's, figured it would be running with just a pair of SD60M's.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/11/11 23:53 by erben22.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0429 seconds