Home Open Account Help 273 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > La Junta Sub Spot

Date: 08/27/11 22:35
La Junta Sub Spot
Author: BNSF7776

Has anybody ever been to the Cut between Howell and Cimarron? I've always been facinated with the area a great view of the country side and the neat curve near by. I'd love to get a train passing someday although there isn't much to park your vehicle out there.

Date: 08/28/11 04:06
Re: La Junta Sub Spot
Author: chester

That is by the Santa Fe trail ruts parking. As I live near I never thought about rail fanning there. That area is on U.S. 50 highway between mile post 109-110. The Grey Ford county line is on the west slope of the hill. While you are that close to Dodge City go on to town and check out the steam engine in the boot hill parking lot. Then go east to the Santa Fe depot. You might find someone to show you around. There is a marker on the south east side Dodge City is the time change town for crews. Good luck.

Date: 08/28/11 12:10
Author: sd39

I have seen photo's taken there and have taken a few. Best photo's are from the south side, yes you have to trespass to do it, but it results in good photo's..

Clarence

Date: 08/28/11 15:58
Author: SD45X

Taken a few there myself, might have to look for them.

I seem to remember the road has wide margins, should be easy to park. And there was a crossing on the east end one time, road still there I think. But the planks are gone now. Might have to trample some weeds though...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/28/11 16:01 by SD45X.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0324 seconds