Home Open Account Help 183 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Canyon Sub Closed Again...

Date: 08/31/11 16:46
Canyon Sub Closed Again...
Author: AlbinaRunThrough

A BNSF train derailed about 10 miles west of Mondays BNSF derailment (near Belden...tore up 10 miles of concrete ties) in the Feather River Canyon, this one seems more serious though. Detours on the Blackbutte and Valley Subs have already began, a NB BNSF is approaching Binney Jct, and a SB BNSF QPABAJ 29 (HPASBAR29) is approaching Dunsmuir...see jr3316's above post http://www.trainorders.com/discussion/read.php?1,2554749

Detours for this one should last 2 days or more.

Aj

Date: 08/31/11 17:28
Re: Canyon Sub Closed Again...
Author: trainjunkie

Wondered what was going on. Been sitting at my computer almost the whole day, with the WPRM web cam up in the corner of one of my displays, and I haven't seen a single train pass through Portola. I figured something was up. Thanks for the update.

Date: 08/31/11 19:36
Author: icancmp193

This explains the sb that was at Keddie on my way to work, and still there on my way home from work.

Tom Y

Date: 08/31/11 20:58
BNSF UP Detour - Red Bluff
Author: conductor

Under the cover of darkness, BNSF 4720 South [detoured BNSF train] passed UP's Blunt Siding, on the North Valley Line, CPVP 229 (North of Red Bluff) at 8:45 pm

Date: 09/02/11 10:29
Author: AZSP

10 Miles of ties? Don't they have dragging equipment detectors at more frequent intervals?

Date: 09/02/11 10:34
Author: TCnR

AZSP Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> 10 Miles of ties? Don't they have dragging
> equipment detectors at more frequent intervals?

That's about the typical interval all across the west.

There was a similar event on the SP in the Bay Area with a caboose at the end of the train, one or some of the cars started chewing up a few miles of ties. That pretty much coincided with the end of the discussion about a caboose at the end of a train being essential.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0369 seconds