Home Open Account Help 272 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > SP rebuilt rotary snowplow back from rebuild?

Date: 11/16/12 21:05
SP rebuilt rotary snowplow back from rebuild?
Author: steamdiesel

Has the firm that was rebuilding the first Southern Pacific Rotary snowplow completed the job?

Date: 11/16/12 21:53
Re: SP rebuilt rotary snowplow back from rebuild?
Author: stmfrevr

If it is back, they're hiding it. I just checked the Roseville yard the day before yesterday. Nothing in sight.

Date: 11/16/12 22:46
Author: TCnR

Snow and wind forecast for the Summit, wait and see though. Mostly warm storm with lotsa rain.

Date: 11/17/12 06:50
Author: hiline

I heard somewhere that UP was replacing them with the Beilhack snow remover. After lenghty and long sale's pressure from Leonz. ;^)
Could'nt resist. Sorry.

Date: 11/17/12 07:37
Author: a6m20

I was wondering about this rebuild. Since it is the storm season (though no big storms yet) wouldn't it make sense to stage the snowplow in Truckee or elsewhere on the summit rather than return it to Roseville?

Posted from iPhone

Date: 11/17/12 08:32
Author: TCnR

The Rotary action of the past dew decades seems to be in January and February, maybe later when a big fresh storm dumps on the old accumulation. I don't have the last run date at hand.

I would think the new equipment would go to the service base in Roseville first, it's just too cold in Truckee to mess around with stuff unless it's broke or under shelter. Nope, I've never worked on a Rotary, looks like a mixture of a lot of technologies and lots of handwarmers.

Date: 11/17/12 09:01
Author: CDTX

The rotaries that went for rebuild in this batch were the unoperational ones. The two runners are still in Roseville i believe.

Jeff

Posted from iPhone

Date: 11/17/12 18:48
Author: czuleget

I thought they only sent one east?

Date: 11/17/12 21:12
Author: imrl

By the looks of this picture from 7 months ago, only one rotary and power unit went east.

http://www.trainorders.com/discussion/read.php?1,2719717,2719950#msg-2719950

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/18/12 07:42 by imrl.

Date: 11/17/12 21:48
Author: defect_detector

There's still a set in Roseville, got some video of 844 rolling by them on the westbound trek.

D_D
Sacramento, Ca.

Date: 11/18/12 08:46
Author: WP3545

Are there any sightings of it where it is being rebuilt?

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0342 seconds