Home Open Account Help 289 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Equipment For Avard's Upgrade

Date: 11/17/12 14:36
Equipment For Avard's Upgrade
Author: BNSF-6432

Following a post I made a while back on the Avard subs upgrade from dark TWC territory to CTC.
According to schedule, BNSF will have CTC installed and working from Tulsa, OK (start of the east end of the sub) to Mannford (second siding west of Tulsa) by Tuesday November 20th
The sub connects mostly intermodel trains from Memphis, Birmingham, Atlanta, and some freights from Tulsa to the transcon at Avard, OK.
Work is still needed. And a week or two ago, I spotted a work train from the Cherokee sub stopped at the normal holding pattern into Cherokee yard.

1) A string of machines from the east, bound for track work (probably siding extension) on the Avard sub hold at Trenton st. Cherokee yard is where Cherokee, Avard, and Creek sub come together

BNSF-6432
PQM

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/17/12 14:39 by BNSF-6432.

Date: 11/17/12 17:19
Re: Equipment For Avard's Upgrade
Author: Frisco

Yep double track coming off the bridge and around the wye in the yard at Tulsa.

Date: 11/18/12 08:43
Re: Equipment For Avard's Upgrade
Author: qnyla

I have heard that BNSF has upgraded the priority of some trains running over the Avard connection, changing some Q symbols to Z symbols and that there are now hot Z-SBDATG9, Z-LACATG9, Z-MEMLAC9 etc. running on this line.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.033 seconds