Western Railroad Discussion > High Grade Coal exploration near Raton, NM

Date: 11/20/12 17:40
High Grade Coal exploration near Raton, NM
Author: jc76

Date: 11/20/12 17:56
Re: High Grade Coal exploration near Raton, NM
Author: Lackawanna484

Thanks for the link.

There's a decent amount of natural gas and some methane being drawn from that area, too.

Date: 11/20/12 18:46
Author: degilchr

Interesting given that after major investment to reopen New Elk mine it has been shutdown.

http://www.denverpost.com/business/ci_21576304/production-at-new-elk-mine-wont-resume-till

Don G

Date: 11/20/12 19:02
Author: tomstp

Whooooooeeeeee, Raton Pass may live after all.

Date: 11/20/12 21:42
Author: lowwater

Ah, another Canadian penny-stock come-on. As the old saying goes, there's a sucker born every minute.

Based on the description it gives this company is a little different -- it doesn't seem to even know what, or exactly where, the Raton Basin is..........

Date: 11/21/12 10:34
Author: dendavis

"Whooooooeeeeee, Raton Pass may live after all."

Just returned from a drive from CA to Denver and back home in early November, going along I-40 and then I-25. First of all, just blown away by the BNSF traffic on the Transcon. Did not see any movements on the Raton Pass line except for a glimpse of the eastbound Southwest Chief, but did enjoy seeing a few semaphore signals along the line, along with target signals and three-light hood head signals. The Raton Pass line looks, to quote a line from another place and time: "tanned, rested and ready."

Date: 11/21/12 16:49
Author: jc76

Most of these operations never get off the ground.... A small few do.

Palladon Ventures was one...but they lost most of the mine back to the financial backers before it was up and running.

You just never know....

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0388 seconds