Home Open Account Help 321 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Unforgettable Day on Donner Pass!

Date: 11/23/12 15:53
Unforgettable Day on Donner Pass!
Author: Amtrakdavis22

On September 1st, 2012, I ventured up to the Donner Pass Route to shoot some trains. I ended up having one of my best days up there with quality shot after quality shot being captured in my camera. The weather and the trains seemed to be working with me that day, and in the end I had an awesome trip.

I have my full report along with the photos here:
http://www.trainorders.com/discussion/read.php?1,2867225,2867228#2867228

Here the videos that I took right alongside all my photos. The sound captured in some of these videos is awesome. Nothing beats the echo of a train whining up Coldstream Canyon just west of Truckee. Photos are awesome and I enjoy taking them, but I feel video can do a little better justice, especially to a line like the Donner Pass Route.

Hope you enjoy!

P.S. Make sure you hear the perfectly executed Shave & a Haircut at 2:20 (part 1).

Jake Miille
Chico, CA
Jake Miille Photography

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/23/12 16:42 by Amtrakdavis22.

You must be a registered subscriber to watch videos. Join Today!

Date: 11/23/12 17:35
Re: Unforgettable Day on Donner Pass!
Author: odub

What a great day on the hill!!

Don
Yreka

Date: 11/24/12 10:49
Author: trainupaboy

Thank-you very much for your work and videos! I downloaded them to my phone for future enjoyment! Thanks!!!!

Posted from Android

Date: 11/25/12 08:04
Author: Digger

I find their power distribution interesting- that you can find everything from 6 or 7 units on the point to as little as one. Also, it looks like UP has gone back to SP's practice of using mid-train helpers. Much has changed since I was in high school chasing trains on Donner in 1994-95. Great videos!

Chris Donhost
Vacaville, CA

Date: 11/25/12 17:07
Author: cchan006

Amtrakdavis22 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
>
> Hope you enjoy!
>
> P.S. Make sure you hear the perfectly executed
> Shave & a Haircut at 2:20 (part 1).

Yup! Enjoyed it a lot! Great variety of trains and scenery, chasing and staying at a location, an unforgettable day indeed.

The locomotives may be Armour Yellow, but the spirit of Scarlet and Grey has come back alive. The crews have been very friendly to the railfans recently.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0477 seconds