Home Open Account Help 345 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > More Coal to Vancouver

Date: 11/23/12 22:14
More Coal to Vancouver
Author: jc76

Link
http://www.straight.com/article-840741/vancouver/vancouver-fraser-port-authority-poised-become-north-americas-largest-coal-exporter

I only posted this link because it appears to have some new or at least semi-new info on a new transload (barge) operation if I am not mistaken.... More coal to Canada....

Date: 11/23/12 22:39
Re: More Coal to Vancouver
Author: poffcapt

Where does BNSF cross the border with their present coal trains; Sumas or Blaine? Isn't the railroad going to get just as much heat from all the WA cities it goes through now, even if they are taking it to Canada instead of a new terminal at Cherry Point (Bellingham)? Does the railroad have a place in Montana it can cross and still keep control of the train on CN or CP territory?

Date: 11/24/12 08:36
Author: bcr4601

BNSF coal to Roberts Bank crosses at Blaine,Wa. and coal to Prince Rupert goes via Cotts,Mt.

Dale Miller
Langley, BC

Date: 11/24/12 08:57
Author: SilvertonRR100

Washbrook can't even speak intelligently, and they/we are supposed to beleive him?

Rob

Date: 11/25/12 06:42
Author: funnelfan

Most of the coal traffic goes via Blaine, WA, although there is a BNSF-CP-CN route to Price Rupert via Sweetgrass, MT.

"The Vancouver Fraser Port Authority's proposed expansion of coal-exporting facilities jeopardizes the health of the planet, according to a Vancouver environmental activist."

-Really, is that any different that the proverbial guy on a street corner with the sign "The end is near". I think they are all looney.

Ted Curphey
Ontario, OR

Date: 11/25/12 07:18
Author: Lackawanna484

funnelfan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Most of the coal traffic goes via Blaine, WA,
> although there is a BNSF-CP-CN route to Price
> Rupert via Sweetgrass, MT.
>
> "The Vancouver Fraser Port Authority's proposed
> expansion of coal-exporting facilities jeopardizes
> the health of the planet, according to a Vancouver
> environmental activist."
>
> -Really, is that any different that the proverbial
> guy on a street corner with the sign "The end is
> near". I think they are all looney.

Vancouver BC has a broad spectrum of folks on the left side of the political curve. I'm not surprised that many of the same ideas that have found resonance in Oregon, California, Washington state, etc have turned up in Vancouver. Vancouver is also a big time labor town, and that usually ties back to jobs. There will be a push back to the push back

There's already a significant backlash against pipelines between Alberta and the Pacific coast, as well as coal mining and transport.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0324 seconds