Home Open Account Help 270 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Full Circle in Perfect Light

Date: 11/24/12 22:32
Full Circle in Perfect Light
Author: nwkrailfan

While out railfanning last weekend in the greater Topeka area, I caught a eastbound loaded coal train led by UP 7607 and UP 8783, at Grantville, Kansas. Thanks to some information I was headed off about the same train returning west, empty, down the KP. Between these two images there is a 6 day, 17 hour, 1 minute, and 243 mile difference between them. For once, the railfan Gods were smiling on me as each time I have caught this train it has been in perfect morning light and perfect evening light. I am reposting last weeks image for comparsion between the two locales.

1) UP 7607 glides through Ellis, Kansas on its way to Grand Junction, Colorado and points south for more Colorado black diamonds.
2) The repost: Slowly tiptoeing through the slow order on the derailment site at Grantville, Kansas. UP 7607 uses lots of bell and whistle, as Progress Rail Services out of Fort Scott goes to work on scraping out the remaining coal hoppers destroyed in the derailment.

Thanks for looking, hope you guys don't mind the repost of one image!
Luke Lohrmeyer
nwkrailfan

Date: 11/25/12 05:45
Re: Full Circle in Perfect Light
Author: Des-Lab

I really like #1: the angle, the vibe, the scenery, everything. Great fall pic. Looks like something I might've once done. Great job. Thank you for sharing.

Date: 11/25/12 18:48
Re: Full Circle in Perfect Light
Author: SP8595

First shot sure is sweet, Luke

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0347 seconds