Home Open Account Help 205 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Staus Quo at Brigham City

Date: 11/25/12 10:35
Staus Quo at Brigham City
Author: GrandeGold

I regularly visit family in Boise, Idaho for Thanksgiving. As time permits, I try to make a quick stop at Brigham City to see what kind of power UP has assigned to three area locals. Five 'old school' SD40-2s were on hand in the yard on an overcast Wednesday, November 21st:

1-2. Power for the Cache Junction Turn and the Malad Local await a Monday call to duty (UP 3320, UP 3750, UP 3288).

3. Power for the Ogden Turn (UP 3217, UP 3250) await a Monday call as well. The Malad Local has been built and is ready to go on the west side of the Ogden Sub mainline.

No Jenks SD40Ns or SD60Ms to be found anywhere. Just groovy old 70's EMD 40s. Basically the same type of power was present here when I first visited Brigham City in 1993!

James Belmont
Salt Lake City, UT

Date: 11/25/12 10:54
Re: Staus Quo at Brigham City
Author: PHall

3320's plow has taken more then a few hits. Looks like the "heat it and beat it" method was used to fix it.

Date: 11/25/12 11:17
Author: dan

3217 number boards look original, from emd

Date: 11/25/12 11:36
Author: KD7ZST

dan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> 3217 number boards look original, from emd

Yep: fiberglass originals.

Date: 11/25/12 20:58
Author: GrandeGold

Typically, there is an MROHK that departs Roper in the early morning hours and it should arrive at Cache Junction by late morning. The MHKRO arrives at Roper by mid afternoon, so I presume it would hit Cache Junction by sunrise.

More than likely the holiday weekend altered the scheduling somewhat.

James Belmont
Salt Lake City, UT

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0415 seconds