Home Open Account Help 212 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Warbonnet Wednesday in Azusa (Virginia Ave) today

Date: 11/28/12 14:15
Warbonnet Wednesday in Azusa (Virginia Ave) today
Author: DNRY122

I was out this afternoon with a party of railfans checking on the Gold Line Foothill Extension construction. One of us spotted a red block back toward downtown Azusa and soon we heard a horn. Great was our joy when the engines came into view--two GP60m's with Warbonnet paint jobs in good conditon. They just had a few tank cars destined to Miller-Coors, but they may be going back to Kaiser with empty bulkhead flats and long plain flats that had done their job of bringing in concrete ties and 115 lb rails for the GLFE project.

Date: 11/28/12 15:14
Re: Warbonnet Wednesday in Azusa (Virginia Ave) today
Author: PasadenaSub

Ah, so that's what today's train looked like. I heard him blowing through Glendora around 12:30pm from home, but decided not to pursue.

Virgina Ave. is tough to park on weekdays, since employees for the local businesses tend to take up all the available street parking near the grade crossing.

Hopefully the train was making good speed there, with the new signal system in Azusa enabling them to return to 40mph.

Date: 11/28/12 15:35
Author: DNRY122

Not 40 mph--there were workers near the track west of here. "Proceed at restricted speed and whistle freely."

Date: 11/28/12 16:08
Author: DieselDoc

I haven't been on this site for quite a while, but thanks for posting these pics. Does an ol' Corwith RH Foreman's heart good to see what he rode 'back in the day' still looking good in the scheme that God (Haverty) intended. :-)))

Date: 11/28/12 21:08
Author: Frontrunner

Has the dynamic brakes on the 125 been modified? It looks different.

Date: 11/28/12 21:42
Author: PHall

Frontrunner Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Has the dynamic brakes on the 125 been modified?
> It looks different.

Phase I vs Phase II

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0274 seconds