Home Open Account Help 324 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Herzog dumping on the coast sub

Date: 12/07/12 19:42
Herzog dumping on the coast sub
Author: SCUfoamer

Today I chased the Herzog ballast train that was dumping ballast around morgan hill and gilroy. I focused on video this time around but since TO is one horrible place to upload videos, the few photos I have will do until my upload problem is resolved. The train left new hall yard today around 11 AM and returned to Santa Clara by 5pm...I followed every move and was very thorough in my chase. I really enjoyed it and will get a great video up shortly.

1. Departing at College Park
2. Entering the run around siding just south of Gilroy
3. About to detach from the train to take it back south

Date: 12/08/12 00:26
Re: Herzog dumping on the coast sub
Author: coach

See those big, beautiful signals in the 2nd photo? If UP had installed more of those, life would be better. If we can't have the searchlights anymore, install these close cousins. Nice, round signals = aesthetically pleasing.

However, check out how short that ladder is! How in the world can you work up there just standing on those 2 peg posts??!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/08/12 00:28 by coach.

Date: 12/08/12 08:09
Re: Herzog dumping on the coast sub
Author: Stottman

coach Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> See those big, beautiful signals in the 2nd photo?
> If UP had installed more of those, life would be
> better. If we can't have the searchlights
> anymore, install these close cousins. Nice, round
> signals = aesthetically pleasing.
>
> However, check out how short that ladder is! How
> in the world can you work up there just standing
> on those 2 peg posts??!

I used to live/railfan in Gilroy in the early 90s, during the SP days. If I am not mistaken, those were put there by the SP back in the day. About the time they rearranged everything when Caltrain to Gilroy started.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0393 seconds