Home Open Account Help 332 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Going to Beans at Lone Hill Ave.

Date: 12/08/12 13:19
Going to Beans at Lone Hill Ave.
Author: engrbill47

I am in so much awe of all of the other Train Orders photographers. Pasadena Sub has covered the BNSF division in Glendora & San Dimas so very well. Well, I figured that I would give it a try. Although I am old enough to know better, I still work for a living. I leave my home in San Dimas at 0' dark thirty every morning and return at around 4 to 5 PM, depending on the east bound 210 freeway's traffic. I was driving by the overpass that passes over the railway and I happened to notice that this local was stopped just before the crossing at Lone Hill Ave, on the border between San Dimas & Glendora.The crew must have taken beans at that point. Just by chance, I had my Canon Rebel in my car and I got off of the freeway and whipped into the parking lot of the local Hyundai dealer and took these shots. I hope that TO members enjoy them. They were taken on October 24, 2012 at around 4:30 PM. And for the geographically challenged, San Dimas is in Los Angeles County which is in the State of California.

William Jeffers, P.E.
San Dimas, CA

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/08/12 13:20 by engrbill47.

Date: 12/08/12 13:39
Re: Going to Beans at Lone Hill Ave.
Author: PasadenaSub

Very nice to catch two Warbonnets in the late day winter sun. I'll have to get over there and check them out if they're doing the In-N-Out beans again. Thanks for the kind words,

Rich

Date: 12/08/12 14:30
Author: UPNW2-1083

When going on duty on a local the first question is "when do we go to beans?", and the second question is "when do we go home?". Nice catch.
And I agree, Rich does an awesome job of covering the area.-BMT

Date: 12/08/12 20:33
Author: gyralite

But Brian . . . . . . . you'd be on a FLAT RATE job!!!!!! "Go to beans!" ?

Date: 12/08/12 23:46
Author: UPNW2-1083

gyralite Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> But Brian . . . . . . . you'd be on a FLAT RATE
> job!!!!!! "Go to beans!" ?

As I've always said, you can't run a railroad on an empty stomach!-BMT

Date: 12/08/12 23:46
Author: Fredo

Don't forget number 3 Brian.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.051 seconds