Home Open Account Help 340 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Orchard Supply calendar ?

Date: 12/09/12 09:56
Orchard Supply calendar ?
Author: BEAR8216

Does anyone in Northern California area know if OSH will be doing the calendar for 2013? I hope to get one. Kind of hard to get down here in Arizona. I emailed the company last week, but, no answer yet. By the way... Merry "Christ"mas..

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/09/12 12:33 by BEAR8216.

Date: 12/09/12 10:54
Re: Orchard Supply calendar ?
Author: trainjunkie

Haven't seen them in So Cal yet. Checked at my NEW local store last week.

Date: 12/09/12 11:03
Author: CarolVoss

They used to come out the day after Christmas but the last couple of years they have been out at least the week before.
C.

Carol Voss
Bakersfield, CA

Date: 12/09/12 11:31
Author: rehunn

Carol, you'd be up on such things, is Orchard still part of Sears?? Still for sale and still in business??
Kinda lost touch since I left Cali.

Date: 12/09/12 11:43
Author: africansteam

Checked with my local OSH in Arroyo Grande a couple of days ago. They were expecting the calendars this coming week.

Cheers,
Jack

Date: 12/09/12 12:36

rehunn Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Carol, you'd be up on such things, is Orchard
> still part of Sears?? Still for sale and still in
> business??
> Kinda lost touch since I left Cali.

AFAIK Orchard is still part of Sears and if you noticed, this year they dumped the OSH name and returned to ORCHARD Supply Hardware with the word Orchard on top in big letters on their store signs----------obviously some attempt to climb on the "green" bandwagon. I didn't know that Orchard was up for sale again. I'll check this week at our local store and see if the calendars are in or if they have anything to say about them.
C.

Carol Voss
Bakersfield, CA

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/09/12 13:48 by CarolVoss.

Date: 12/09/12 15:01
Author: RonSD70

Sears spun off Orchard Supply as a separate public company at the end of 2011/ early 2012. Listed on NASDAQ- symbol OSH.

Ron Butts
Lincoln, CA

Date: 12/09/12 15:17

RonSD70 Wrote:
> Sears spun off Orchard Supply as a separate public
> company at the end of 2011/ early 2012. Listed on
> NASDAQ- symbol OSH.

That would explain the change in logo and emphasis on the word "Orchard", literally returning to its roots and no pun intended. :-) They still stock and sell the Craftsman brands.
C.

Carol Voss
Bakersfield, CA

Date: 12/09/12 15:51
Author: Pickering104

Orchard Supply went Independent December, 2011. Now traded under symbol OSH. Stock has dropped from $60 to $7.50 per share in 12 months. Losing tons of money Quarterly! They need to quit giving away free calendars, and concentrate on getting profitable. If not, they'll be gone fast!

Date: 12/09/12 15:52
Author: lynnpowell

I got my "Orchard" calendar today. Another beautiful calendar, paintings by John Winfield; 1 Rio Grande steam, 1 Cotton Belt steam, 1 SP early diesel, 7 SP steam, 1 Santa Fe early diesel, and 1 Santa Fe steam.

Date: 12/09/12 16:00

Pickering104 Wrote:
> Orchard Supply went Independent December, 2011.
> Now traded under symbol OSH. Stock has dropped
> from $60 to $7.50 per share in 12 months. Losing
> tons of money Quarterly! They need to quit giving
> away free calendars, and concentrate on getting
> profitable. If not, they'll be gone fast!

WOW!! Had no idea. Sounds as if Lowe's and Home Depot are eating their lunch. I have told the tale many times here on TO about my father-in-law initially investing $400 when the coop was formed in 1931, refused to sell his stock to Al Smith and when Al sold OSH to WR Grace & Co. the stock in 1987 when Carl's mother died was worth $110,000. OSH was then sold to Wickes and then the employees took it back and then sold to Sears and we all thought the end of the world was coming but they maintained their customer friendly service AND the calendars etc to everyone's surprise. We sold the WR Grace stock when they got into the Medicare fraud business of buying and running dialysis centers in Florida (using their chemicals, of course) in the mid-90's. Sorry to hear the financials are so poor.
C.

Carol Voss
Bakersfield, CA

Date: 12/09/12 16:04
Author: BEAR8216

Thanks for the replies, the offer to send me one and for HIJACKING the thread. Merry Christmas to all, and to all some great trains.

Date: 12/09/12 16:18
Author: Normanroger

I worked in the original Orchard supply store in San Jose back in 1956 and 57. Part timer when I was still in high school. It was a two store outfit then--both in SJ. They even had a rail spur. I remember boxcars full of bagged fertilizer. I was one of the flunkies that got to unload them. Good company back then.

Date: 12/09/12 17:17
Author: SierraRailfan

Stopped by yesterday for a purchase, and was told "tomorrow". Just my luck!

Roger
Sierra Railfan

Date: 12/09/12 17:21
Author: 462pacific

Indeed, today's the day. I got mine at local OSH this afternoon
and was told they had just arrived. It is well done and seems
to favor SP which is certainly alright with me. Go get 'em but
remember you are supposed to purchase something in return.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0582 seconds