Home Open Account Help 233 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > A Couple from Yesterday

Date: 08/27/13 09:17
A Couple from Yesterday
Author: FrontRangeTrains

Monday's are usually my busy days due to going to classes at my college during the morning and the evening. Usually with my evening class, I have time afterwards to do some night photography before heading home. I also had a little time yesterday before class to catch a rather interesting lash up on the Denver, CO to Great Falls, MT Manifest at Longs Peak, CO that included: Heritage 1 C44-9W, Warbonnet C44-9W, Swoosh ES44C4, Heritage 1 SD40-2, WAMX ex UP SD40T-2. The Tunnel Motor was to be set out at the Swan Ranch Park at Speer south of Cheyenne, WY. After grabbing some shots of the train, I headed over to school and went through my evening class until 9:30pm. There were no trains but I found a pair of SD40-2s tied down on the house track in Longmont offline. I noticed a thunderstorm to my west so I headed over to the Great Western Sugar Mill and found a string of Grain Cars and an OSS GP7 parked near the mill. Unfortunately I could not get a shot of the power and cars due to piles of dirt and them being parked in a bad spot. However, I was able to pull off shots of the old mill itself. It was getting late and I had to head home for the night.

Thanks for looking!

John Crisanti
Longmont, CO

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/27/13 09:18 by FrontRangeTrains.

Date: 08/27/13 10:39
Re: A Couple from Yesterday
Author: bobk

Very nice shots!

Date: 08/27/13 10:53
Author: wesleygreer

That lightning shot is really sweet!

Date: 08/27/13 14:42
Author: ns1000

wesleygreer Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> That lightning shot is really sweet!

AGREED...!!!

Date: 08/27/13 15:23
Author: oklachaser

Great shots. #3 is AWESOME!!

Ronda Thomas

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0456 seconds