Home Open Account Help 202 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Warbonnets and Leasers

Date: 02/18/14 07:03
Warbonnets and Leasers
Author: FrontRangeTrains

Yesterday, I had the choice of either catching the Pennsylvania Heritage unit that was trailing on the DENAMS or get a clean CREX GEVO leading a stack train and two Warbonnet Dash 8's leading a train. I went with the second option. I met up with Jerry Sharp at Highland where we both waited for the stack train to show up. After waiting for about 15 minutes, the stack train showed up doing track speed while heading north. After getting shots here, I got on the highway and headed towards Fort Collins where the stack train will meet a southbound empty military train. The stack train pulled into the siding and stopped right before Timberline Road. Moments later, TO member "wko" showed up and we both went north of town to go find the southbound. They rolled up Platte River Junction so we had a few minutes to get to one of the just north of town. After arriving at the spot, we didn't have to wait too long for him to show up. After grabbing a couple of shots, we headed down to Busch to get another shot of the train coming into town. The dispatcher told the southbound to hold off on getting the switch at the south end. So that means we had another chance of getting the stack train leaving town. While waiting, "highgreengraphics" showed up and we chatted for a bit while waiting for the stack train. After getting our shots, me and Kirk, "wko" went back into town and got the military train leaving town near Mason Street at the BNSF/UP diamond. We barely got ahead of it just north of Loveland and at that point, the sun was gone.

====================================================================================================================================

1) The "DENTAC" led by a CREX GEVO and BNSF "Swoosh" painted C40-8W race through Highland at track speed.

2) Between Wellington and Fort Collins, the empty military train heads south approaching a county road crossing.

3) The same train going by the Budweiser Brewery at Busch near Fort Collins.

Some more...

John Crisanti
Longmont, CO

Date: 02/18/14 07:07
Re: Warbonnets and Leasers
Author: FrontRangeTrains

4) After getting a new track warrant, the DENTAC departs Fort Collins going north towards Cheyenne.

5) With a new track warrant and permission through a Form B, a not too shabby looking Warbonnet Dash 8 crosses the BNSF/UP Diamond near College Ave and Mason St in Fort Collins.

6) With the sun pretty much gone, the train rolls along between Fort Collins and Loveland.

Thanks for looking!

John Crisanti
Longmont, CO

Date: 02/18/14 07:23
Author: locogimp

Really great images, as usual with your photos. Love the sharpness. Thanks for sharing...

Jan Austin
Chico, CA
J.G. Austin Photography

Date: 02/18/14 07:34
Author: Cajon92

Great shots, John.

~Ryan

Date: 02/18/14 07:35
Author: toledopatch

Especially like #4. Good use of the light and dramatic sky.

Date: 02/18/14 09:13
Author: upheritage6

wish i could have caught those two trains. I was too busy catching the Pennsy. I like both of those lashups. Nice catches man!

Date: 02/18/14 11:20
Author: kwo

Nice! Here's a couple different angles. I'm still trying to catch up on some posting stuff, so I will have a link later.
Edit: here are all my pix from the day and my video...
http://kotrains.wordpress.com/2014/02/18/nice-power-fort-collins/
~wko

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/18/14 13:17 by kwo.

Date: 02/18/14 13:26
Author: ns1000

SUPER pics!!! Thanks for sharing.

Date: 02/19/14 03:04
Author: Hookdragkick

#6 is pretty awesome. Wide open spaces.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0421 seconds