Home Open Account Help 271 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Finding a U.S. flag trackside while traveling around

Date: 04/10/14 20:16
Finding a U.S. flag trackside while traveling around
Author: JoCoLB

Whenever I do any traveling, I try to find scenes to photograph that show the U.S. flag on display at a depot, retail business or industry next to a U.S. railroad.

This scene filled the bill yesterday, Wednesday, April 9, 2014, as a Branson Scenic Railroad excursion train passed a livestock feed store at Hollister, Mo., just south of Branson. The train was returning to Branson after making a regularly scheduled afternoon run south into the northern edge of Arkansas.

Date: 04/11/14 09:07
Re: Finding a U.S. flag trackside while traveling aroun
Author: iliketrains

Campo, California - home of the Pacific Southwest Railway Museum's excursion trains on the San Diego & Arizona Railway! Long may she wave!

Date: 04/11/14 09:49
Author: CimaScrambler

This is an old scan from a dozen years ago, but this scene beside the old BNSF Harbor Sub in Redondo Beach, Ca, has long been a favorite of mine.

Kit Courter
Menefee, CA
LunarLight Photography

Date: 04/11/14 10:27
Author: moltensulphur

During last weekend's Railwatch get-together in Folkston Ga, one of the Amtrak Silver trains ran with two large, beautiful stars and stripes flying on the lead unit, right where you would have seen the "extra, etc" flags of bygone days. And it ran that way both days, not just once.

Pretty cool.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/11/14 10:29 by moltensulphur.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0332 seconds