Home Open Account Help 295 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Kansas was burning

Date: 04/13/14 08:13
Kansas was burning
Author: rsanchez

So said the weather guesser yesterday. Waking up to a nasty hazy and smoky morning changed my decision to spend some time on the Creston Sub to one where I headed west to the Ravenna Sub (BNSF subs for the uninformed). Not a lot of traffic but lots of parked trains from Ashland, NE to York, NE. Did catch a few moving at Pleasant Dale, NE and Milford, NE and submitted here for whatever reason.

Date: 04/13/14 08:32
Re: Kansas was burning
Author: santafe199

rsanchez Wrote:

> ... Waking up to a nasty hazy and smoky morning...

Yessir, it seemed like it was "This Planet's on Fire" all over the land of OZ yesterday (to steal a song title from the Red Rocker, Mr. Sammy Hagar). The yearly spring practice of burning off fields has been going on all over NE Kansas the last few days (and no doubt other areas in the state as well).

Lance

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/13/14 11:23 by santafe199.

Date: 04/13/14 09:20
Author: wpjones

Nice shots, I love that overpass west of P Dale, Spend a lot of time there. The shot east of Milford is cool also. I feel kinda sorry for the old Burlington Route sign on one side of the bridge with all four cornesr bent up from attempts at theft years ago when you could still read it.
Steve

Date: 04/13/14 10:36
Author: rsanchez

wpjones Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Nice shots, I love that overpass west of P Dale,
> Spend a lot of time there. The shot east of
> Milford is cool also. I feel kinda sorry for the
> old Burlington Route sign on one side of the
> bridge with all four cornesr bent up from attempts
> at theft years ago when you could still read it.
> Steve

Thx, you can still sorta read the sign, especially if you take a pic of it and turn up the contrast.

Date: 04/13/14 21:37
Author: CP_M260

I like the use of B&W with these - nice photos.

-Dalton

Date: 04/14/14 05:42
Author: ns1000

Nice pics!!!

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0335 seconds