Home Open Account Help 392 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Taking another stab at the UP Crestmore Local

Date: 06/04/14 00:53
Taking another stab at the UP Crestmore Local
Author: oyw

A few weeks back I found out the UP Crestmore Local (located in western Riverside County in Southern CA) was running with a back-to-back pair of red Helm Leasing geeps and posted some photos here on TO. This is one of the few locals in our area that always runs on Sundays but the bad thing is, this time of year it's nearly impossible to get to good lighting for photography due to the sun rising so far to the north. Not knowing how long these units will be around, last Sunday I explored the top end of the branch and made a couple of new attempts.

1) Today's train consisted of 10 empty center-beam flats leaving the plant in Crestmore at 7:55AM. Here is the train just beginning its journey, passing through the trees at Universal Lumber without making its usual stop.

2) And a few blocks down the line, the sun nearly came around for a shot from the north side. HLCX 1032 and 3886 slowly make their way around an S-curve along La Canada Rd. This was where I gave up the chase.

The Crestmore and Western (that's what the crew affectionately refers to their job) is an interesting operation to follow, one can only hope this power sticks around for many months to come. Thanks for stopping to take a look.

OYW

Date: 06/04/14 05:42
Re: Taking another stab at the UP Crestmore Local
Author: tacobell

Ive got to get some video of that operation.

Date: 06/04/14 10:27
Author: Fredo

tacobell Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Ive got to get some video of that operation.

Say Hi to Kenny.

Date: 06/04/14 13:43
Author: Cajon92

Nice shots, Bob.

~Ryan

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0396 seconds