Home Open Account Help 357 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Texas Utilities question

Date: 04/16/17 12:40
Texas Utilities question
Author: LIL_BUDDY

Tried a few searchs with no success. Does anyone know the disposition or current locations of the E25B and E60 electric locomotives formerly used by Texas Utilities/Luminant on a few of their lines? Any help will be appreciated.

Date: 04/17/17 13:48
Re: Texas Utilities question
Author: highgreengraphics

I must say I wondered about them, too. I made a trip to see them several years ago and had a nightmare time with their security hassling me out in the countryside even though I checked in at their gate first. I found it rather amazing that they had the only E25's anywhere and acted like they had never seen a railfan before. I did finally get photos after they took up half my day. Anyway, I thought I would try again recently and looked at Google Earth and all the catenary is gone, so I wonder as do you, what happened to their E25's. === === = === JLH

Date: 04/17/17 15:08
Author: LIL_BUDDY

I'd like to see what you shot of them when you were out here. SD-40s on the trains now. I spend a lot of time photographing the draglines they strip with. Can't post them on here. It's a train site. Lol

Posted from Android

Date: 04/17/17 16:24
Author: DNRY122

Many of us like any kind of heavy machinery, including mining and construction machines, but I think you did the right thing by not posting the dragline photos.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0303 seconds