Home Open Account Help 317 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > BNSF officer special highballing through Eastern Kansas

Date: 04/17/17 07:00
BNSF officer special highballing through Eastern Kansas
Author: JoCoLB

Thanks to a tipster, I was able to shoot a video clip at 8:08 a.m. today (Monday, April 17, 2017) as a westbound BNSF Railway officer special moved through the rural countryside just west of Edgerton, Kan. This is on the BNSF Railway's Emporia Sub. 

My understanding is that this seven-car special is destined for Barstow, Calif. The engine is BNSF #8080.

(Video by Larry Byers)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/17/17 08:45 by JoCoLB.

You must be a registered subscriber to watch videos. Join Today!

Date: 04/17/17 07:10
Re: BNSF officer special highballing through Eastern Kansas

I found the special stopped earlier on Main One taking on riders next to the West KCIMF signal bridge east of Edgerton.  To me, that was an unusual location to stop for riders. Unknown the reason that location was chosen, other than it is next to U.S. 56 highway.

The second photo is a tighter shot of some of the rear cars close to the signal bridge.

(Photos by Larry Byers) 

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/17/17 08:46 by JoCoLB.

Date: 04/17/17 08:48
Author: BuddPullman

Nice video!

​Check out the two former Super Chief ACF "Regal" series sleepers (3rd and 4th passenger cars) with their ever so slightly larger windows than the other non-open platform cars.

Date: 04/17/17 10:29
Author: qnyla

Any additional information on this special? Projected arrival times at Amarillo, Belen, Winslow, Needles or Barstow would be great.

Date: 04/17/17 10:42

Sorry. I can't help. If I had knowledge, I would share. 

Date: 04/17/17 10:55
Author: dan

John would like it!

Date: 04/17/17 19:47

If this train had gone through Hutchinson, KS, it should have been called a John Arbuckle tribute special. Oh, how John had a fondness for passenger trains.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0361 seconds