Home Open Account Help 342 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > BNSF Emporia Sub questions

Date: 04/21/17 01:59
BNSF Emporia Sub questions
Author: Mr_sd40-2

I used to railfan this area about once a year in the early and mid 2000s. Haven't been there in about 10 years. Is it as busy as it used to be? The area I plan on spending the most time on is around El Dorado State Park.

Date: 04/21/17 06:39
Re: BNSF Emporia Sub questions
Author: LocoPilot750

At the lake, you'll see mostly westbounds. Usually, the east traffic is routed through Wichita & Newton, follows highway 50 east, and comes back in at Ellinor, just west of Emporia.

Date: 04/21/17 09:44
Author: JoCoLB

Last I heard, about 90 trains a day move through the segment between Emporia and Ellinor.

Date: 04/21/17 09:47
Author: Milw_E70

The weekends are usually the busiest, during the middle of the week bring a book as it has been rather slow this month. Mostly westbound traffic between Ellinor and Mulvane outside of eastbound priority Z traffic unless westbound traffic is very slow. The Emporia to El Dorado local works Sunday-Thursday afternoons and currently has a still ATSF painted GP39-2 and a wedgie painted GP39-2 in a GP30 body.

Date: 04/21/17 20:49
Author: SD45

Comments already posted pretty well sum it up.

Date: 04/22/17 01:40
Author: Mr_sd40-2

Ok thanks guys. When you say bring a book on weekdays-will there be at least one per hour or even less than that? Here are 2 taken from El Dorado State Park an eastbound and a westbound. These were taken on my last visit there in 2007.----And the last one is one of my favorites on that same trip. It was shot in Marceline MO.

Date: 04/22/17 22:02
Author: Milw_E70

One early afternoon during the middle of last week, there were only 2 westbounds between KC and Emporia while all eastbounds were running via Topeka due to undercutter window.

Posted from iPhone

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0347 seconds