Home Open Account Help 313 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > BNSF meet with, KCS, CP and NS loco's Mid and End DPU's

Date: 04/24/17 14:47
BNSF meet with, KCS, CP and NS loco's Mid and End DPU's
Author: docgrommesh

Was out to Edgerton, KS again Friday; another gloomy day in KC. Got this great meet with lots of different locomotives. Always good to see something different every once in awhile.

Sorry the beginning is a little jerky. The program that runs the drone on the tablet crashed... so I was flying blind trying to get it back up and running at the same time. I figured the video was going in the "can't do crap with that video file" on my computer, but it ended up looking pretty good and the meet was just awesome.

Enjoy the View!

Doc

You must be a registered subscriber to watch videos. Join Today!

Date: 04/24/17 16:41
Re: BNSF meet with, KCS, CP and NS loco's Mid and End DPU's
Author: spsniper

You nailed it! Great work, cool perspective!

Date: 04/24/17 17:51
Author: jayb61

drone vids e excellent!!!!

Date: 04/24/17 18:00
Author: Dilworth

very nice thanks

Date: 04/24/17 18:56
Author: up833

How did you get the sound of the trains without the sound of the drone? Yes..very cool..

Date: 04/24/17 19:28
Author: docgrommesh

up833 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> How did you get the sound of the trains without
> the sound of the drone? Yes..very cool..

I have a special drone :)

Seriously though it is not easy... I will put it to you that way. I record the sound of the train from where I am usually standing on my sound recorder. Then when I am producing the video I edit the sound to match the position of the drone.

It is so time consuming that you want to pull your hair out sometimes especially when you are a perfectionist. I spend hours making these and I haven't really figured out why yet?? Nor has my wife and kids…lol I Just love flying airplanes and now drones and really love trains. What makes it all worthwhile is to get compliments like you guys have done, and just try to keep making the videos original and better than the last one.

Thanks for the compliments,
Doc

Date: 04/24/17 21:38
Author: Casselton

Nice video Craig. Very well done. The second train might have been hauling frac sand. There are loading facilities all over the Permian Basin in west Texas.
Uncle Mark
Casselton
Houston TX

Date: 04/25/17 06:46
Author: 4400horsepower

GREAT job Doc, keep up the good work. I enjoy watching everything you do. Thanks for sharing.

Brian
Burlington, Iowa

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0356 seconds