Home Open Account Help 331 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > West Isle line Railroad Operations?

Date: 04/25/17 18:32
West Isle line Railroad Operations?
Author: M5R24

Hi everyone! Anyone up to date with the operations of the WIR located in the Central Valley, just north of Bakersfield? I had heard they ran one day a week, but not sure of the day.

Date: 04/25/17 19:07
Re: West Isle line Railroad Operations?
Author: z-trains

Please check out my son's latest video on his Youtube page about the West Isle Line. It is on Railfanjunction.

For ops, we were told that they normally run on Wednesdays but the day we saw them was Friday morning. They generally start in Alpaugh and head out to the BNSF main. Following this, they take their cut of cars into Alpaugh to switch the Crop Protection Services plant there.

Good luck!

Paul
Railfanjunction on Youtube

Date: 04/25/17 19:37
Author: CPRR

I will bite.....how long is this line, what is the cargo, and what does Crop Protection Services do?

Posted from iPhone

Date: 04/25/17 19:56
Author: miralomarail

When I took this photo back in 2005, I found those people to be friendly and had no hassles taking photos at their office

Date: 04/25/17 21:17
Author: JimBaker

This Wikipedia page explains all you want to know on location and length,

< https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/West_Isle_Line,_Inc. >

James R.(Jim) Baker
Whittier, CA

Date: 04/25/17 22:55
Author: smvrrfan

CPRR Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I will bite.....how long is this line, what is the
> cargo, and what does Crop Protection Services do?
>
> Posted from iPhone

It is Crop Production Services, they distribute and sell fertilizer and other agricultural products. They sell a lot of fertilizer, and they utilize rail a lot to move product.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.033 seconds