Home Open Account Help 345 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Three at the Eugene Yard

Date: 04/26/17 16:30
Three at the Eugene Yard
Author: CBRL

Sometimes the yard is where it's at.

1. The inbound Coos Bay train rolls in with a long, heavy load of lumber from the mills. Three GP30us and a GP38 are led by CBR 2446.

2. Amtrak 14 races by with Spencer Butte and a yard Geep in the backgound.

3. UP 4862 pulls a 10-car work train south toward Klamath Falls. I think I know a place they could make use of that crane.

Thanks for looking.

Tom
CBRL

Date: 04/26/17 19:55
Re: Three at the Eugene Yard
Author: roustabout

I saw the work train mosey through Albany earlier. Today was a day that I wished I had my camera but wouldn't have had time to use it. The Albany & Eastern came in and was getting their stuff together to depart when the work train went by. The A&E departed with the 1807 in the lead, the two new ex-CSXT units DIC, a refrigerated car to spot at Sno-Temp and then their other unit. The Sno-Temp spur is facing point so the rear unit was able to shove the car in to a spot.

Date: 04/27/17 08:45
Author: TCnR

The wreck train shown in the photos with the crane arrived at Dunsmuir at 04:00 this morning.

Date: 04/27/17 09:41
Author: CBRL

I was thinking it was headed south to assist with the bridge, which looks to be a big job. Hopefully they can get back up soon.

Tom
CBRL

Date: 04/27/17 14:30
Author: P

Love the shot of the CBRL. Having followed the line last summer all way to the end, There seemed to be many scenic locations for photos. It would be great to see some photos from along the line, although I understand it is a long line with likely 1 train a day to catch.

Posted from Android

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0304 seconds