Home Open Account Help 339 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > After the 844 chase

Date: 04/28/17 01:00
After the 844 chase
Author: atsf121

On my way home from Evanston after chasing 844 up from Ogden, I stumbled on an eastbound UP manifest climbing up past Castle Rock. So I hurried and pulled over to grad some shots. First unit was nice, but the rest were pretty scruffy looking. Was surprised to see the DPU in the middle, and no DPU at the end. The rules to place those must be pretty complex. I saw some MOW trucks and equipment on my way back to Ogden which precluded seeing anything else. But I did manage to catch up with the westbound UP manifest that I had seen at Castle Rock earlier in the morning while photographing 844. So I snagged a few photos and then kept heading home.

Nathan

1, 2, 3 all at Castle Rock

Date: 04/28/17 01:03
Re: After the 844 chase
Author: atsf121

4 - the cars in the junk yard all had snow on them earlier in the morning when 844 went by. The sun had melted it all by the time this manifest came through more than an hour later
5 - this was the photo I wanted of 844, but I setup on the wrong track. This is the downhill track apparently, left hand main running meant the 844 was just up the hill on the other track. Oh well!
6 - along the Weber River just before Riverdale, UT

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0381 seconds