Home Open Account Help 349 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > CP detours this weekend in Chicago

Date: 04/28/17 21:18
CP detours this weekend in Chicago
Author: inCHI

I was out and about tonight and was somewhat shocked to see 4 freight trains on the CP C&M sub in about an hour, south of Techny, taking the A-5 route. For those outside of the area, only a small amount of CP traffic headed to/from Milwaukee takes this route. Looking around, I caught that UP is replacing the diamonds at Deval, which would affect the UP New Line (as well as Metra.) Metra says the diamond replacement will take all weekend, so maybe these detours will be visible in daylight hours over the weekend.

Looking at ATCS, there are freight trains in the area of A5 like I have never seen before. In both of these stills, a look at passenger schedules shows these are nearly all freights in the area. Some trains are taking the wye, like a 285 grain train that I saw, but a lot of them look to be doing reverse moves. It is a pretty interesting arrangement compared to this usually being a 95% (guess) passenger junction.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/28/17 21:23 by inCHI.

Date: 05/01/17 12:39
Re: CP detours this weekend in Chicago
Author: Englewood

Thanks for the screen shots.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0374 seconds