Home Open Account Help 378 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > While one intermodal waits to exit, another enters LPKC

Date: 05/16/17 18:52
While one intermodal waits to exit, another enters LPKC
Author: JoCoLB

I was all prepared to video a BNSF Railway stack train shortly before 5 p.m. Tuesday (May 16, 2017) at the east entrance to the LPKC intermodal center in Edgerton, Kan., but I had a surprise. An unexpected inbound stacker arrived, so I went with Plan B --- photograph the first moving train.

The inbound train for LPKC was a relatively short train with only two engines. The waiting outbounder had five locomotives. My position was actually in Gardner, KS, just east of the east boundary line for Edgerton.

Sorry, but I was not privy to the symbols on either train.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/16/17 18:58 by JoCoLB.

You must be a registered subscriber to watch videos. Join Today!

Date: 05/16/17 19:00
Re: While one intermodal waits to exit, another enters LPKC

Here's what the power consist on the outbound train looked like. It was solid BNSF power. (Photo by Larry Byers)

Date: 05/16/17 19:03
Re: While one intermodal waits to exit, another enters LPKC

Here's a going-away shot of the outbounder moving from Track Three to Track Two while headed to Kansas City and points beyond.

This control point at Gardner is about 34 miles southwest of downtown Kansas City, Mo. This is on the BNSF transcon's Emporia Subdivision.

(Photo by Larry Byers)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/16/17 19:05 by JoCoLB.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0347 seconds