Home Open Account Help 279 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Some Iron Range Highlights

Date: 05/21/17 13:58
Some Iron Range Highlights
Author: wko

Last week, my dad and I arrived into Duluth, MN, for a couple days of railfanning the Iron Range of Minnesota, specifically the ex-DMIR now CN lines. Over 2 days we saw 3 unpainted IC units, 4 unpainted BLE units, and DMIR 403, the last remaining tunnel motor in the maroon and gold, all moving, in addition to the normal CN-painted ore movers. I'm still working on getting some photos I took ready to post, but I've got a couple videos readied for your enjoyment.

Here, we see IC 6260 leading a southbound ore load at Saginaw, MN, on Monday morning May 15. Next, we see an empty limestone train crossing the Whiteface River near Kelsey, MN, later in the day when the weather was looking bleak. Finally, CN 6013 leads 3 more EMDs on an ore load at Allen Junction with the searchlight replacements standing by.

The other video I've got ready (which features BLE and scanner chatter) is 14 minutes long, so it'll be getting posted to that other video site here at some point, but I thought I would give y'all some of the highights first. Thanks for looking, hope you enjoyed!
~wko

You must be a registered subscriber to watch videos. Join Today!

Date: 05/21/17 15:40
Re: Some Iron Range Highlights
Author: rev66vette

I really enjoyed these...very nicely done..thanks for sharing.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/21/17 15:40 by rev66vette.

Date: 05/21/17 16:48
Author: LittleDoc

Nice catch of the tunnel motor! Thx

Steve

Date: 05/21/17 16:58
Author: HomerBedloe

Great video! Nice to see some ore jennies, particularly in an area we don't get to see too often. Thanks for posting.

Date: 05/21/17 17:05
Author: King_Coal

Nice to see all those SD40-2s still earning their keep. Are the ore cars on the last train recent builds?

Date: 05/21/17 17:10
Author: highgreengraphics

Very nice - Looks like you had fun, hope to see some more of your trip on here! === === = === JLH

Date: 05/21/17 18:23

Thanks for the kind words so far, everyone! It was a good couple days with some great variety! My other video has been posted to YouTube, head over there and search "CN Iron Ore Highland" and it should be the 1st one that comes up, it'll say "new" under the brief description.

King_Coal Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> <SNIP>
> Are the ore cars on the last train recent
> builds?

The build dates on most of them were 2008 and 2009, so yes! I was intrigued to see DMIR reporting marks on them.
~wko

Date: 05/22/17 06:04
Author: ns1000

I enjoyed the video!!

Date: 05/22/17 07:31
Author: bnsfbuff

Thanks for posting.  I hope you guys are having a great time!

John Parker
Longmont, CO
BNSF Fall River Division

Date: 05/22/17 08:52
Author: SP8595

Nice "Death Star" Leader!

Date: 05/22/17 17:48

Thanks again everyone!
~wko

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0439 seconds