Home Open Account Help 280 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Cascades Trip

Date: 06/18/17 18:15
Cascades Trip
Author: king86

My father and I went on a road trip to explore the area around Oakridge, OR a couple weeks ago. Oakridge is located on the UP Cascade Sub, just south of Eugene, OR. This is a location I have always wanted to explore and see first hand. The traffic was a bit slow, but the scenery was amazing. Here are a couple shots and videos from the weekend.

Video #1: NB grain train exiting Tunnel 20 near the south switch of Wicopee (MP 561).

Pic #2: Same grain train.

Pic #3: NB train between Chemult and Klamath Falls, OR. I believe that is Diamond Peak in the background (?)

You must be a registered subscriber to watch videos. Join Today!

Date: 06/18/17 18:21
Re: Cascades Trip
Author: king86

Here are a couple more from the weekend.

Pic #4: SB UP passing another a McCredie Springs (MP 570).

Pic #5: Even without a train, McCredie Springs is beautiful. These are the signals at the south switch.

Video #2: NB Amtrak crossing over Salt Creek Trestle and Highway 58.

Thanks for looking.

Jeff
Chico, CA

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/18/17 18:22 by king86.

You must be a registered subscriber to watch videos. Join Today!

Date: 06/18/17 19:41
Author: railstiesballast

Photo #2 is my favorite.
I could not open the video files.

Date: 06/19/17 01:20
Author: Stottman

Nice, thanks.

As I am sure you found, most of the scenic parts are accessible either by NF road or by walking... Allot of the tunnels have trails around them.

Date: 06/19/17 06:54
Author: Cliffs619

Fantastic scenery and shots. Thanks so much for sharing.

Date: 06/20/17 00:18
Author: Fizzboy7

SMNX seems to be on most of those grain hoppers, even the ex-ones. Some sort of export company? And what is all the small writing in the center of each car? Haven't seen that before.
Nice photos!

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0287 seconds