Home Open Account Help 291 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > BNSF baretables

Date: 06/24/17 09:22
BNSF baretables
Author: StStephen

Can anyone provide some information about BNSF baretables too/from Phoenix, Denver, San Bernardino, or similar?

I have seen several years ago Marten/Alliance refrigerated trailers baretaables running out of San Bernardino up Cajon: do these still run? Were they running to Stockton? How often.

BNSF was running some Hunt and occasionally Schneider and Swift baretables out of Phoenix for San Bernardino and Hobart. Do these still run? How often?

Same with Denver, running to SB/LA??? Still running? How often?

Any others? Thanks for any input/info.

Bruce

Date: 06/24/17 11:13
Re: BNSF baretables
Author: icancmp193

Just had a sb baretable on the Gateway Sub the other evening and the first 35 wells had JB Hunt containers. There were also several brand-spanking-new BNSF 3-well car sets in the train.

TJY

Date: 06/24/17 13:31
Author: arizonaBNSF

The baretable out of Phoenix, known locally as the "repo" train, still runs and leaves almost everyday in the late afternoon/early evening.

Date: 06/24/17 15:40
Author: MrMRL

I'm not too familiar with the equipment repositioning or "repo" baretables specifically in and out of San Bernardino A-Yard, but in and out of Los Angeles Hobart Yard I can provide some insight.

BNSF repo trains or intermodal freights (double-stack and/or piggyback) hauling empty containers/trailers typically run westbound into Los Angeles "LAC" from three different origins, North Bay, CA "NBY", Phoenix, AZ "PHX", and Denver, CO "DEN". These three terminals routenly end up inbounding more loaded freight than they can outbound necessitating most of all the surplus empty boxes to be redistributed back out to other terminals that can use them.

These repos are not regurlarly scheduled and are called as needed, but personal observation has shown that PHX and NBY trains generally run 2-3 times a week while DEN symbols maybe once every 7-10 days.

Eastbound 'loaded' bare tables out of Hobart are extremely rare. There is enough merchandise going east out of Los Angeles to not need dedicated empty box repo trains. The only repos I've really ever seen out of LAC are 53' container chassis redistribution trains that typically only go to San Bernardino, CA. Once or twice a year though a chassis train has run out of state to either the Pacific Northwest, or the Chicago area, but these are highly unusual.

Mr. MRL

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/24/17 18:45 by MrMRL.

Date: 06/24/17 16:01
Author: goneon66

i used to catch a b-phxlac once in a while. we would taxi out of needles to cadiz, knock off a few brakes, and take the train to barstow for the l.a. dudes.....

Date: 06/24/17 18:19
Author: mapboy

Mr. MRL, as you can see, is very familiar with LAC.  Here's a few one off trains for dispatcher game lovers:
B-ABQLAC4 Tu 4/1/14 tofc, cofc, stacks [usually empties go to Belen, then H-BELAMS to Clovis, then west].
B-PTLLAC4 Su 8/9/15 all JB Hunt loaded single level in wells with 2 units
B-ALTLAC4 Fr 9/25/15 20 domestic DS (3 FEX cans), 15 spines (UPS7 FEX2 mty6), 11 marine DS, 28 tofc (UPS6)=74 cars, 2 units
B-SIFLAC4 Mo 10/17/16 Lugo webcam at 0922, Tu 10/18/16 Fullerton at 1343 (parked at SBD for awhile?)
B-CSXLAC4 Mo 10/24/16 

SBD also gets a lot of NBY, PHX and DEN inbound "loaded" baretables, but they also send them out, too:
B-SBDCHI4 Su 3/8/15 3 units, mty domestic DS containers, lots of Schneider, JB Hunt; didn't note down any trailers.
B-SBDCHI4 Mo 4/20/15 mty trailers and chassisB-SBDFRS4 mty containers/trailers
B-SBDFRS4 11/4/12 Su containers/trailers
B-SBDSIF(?)4, video posted on Youtube 1/4/10, search for "Alliance unit train", at Cajon 2 units, all Alliance trailers
B-SBDSIF(?)4 Su 8/23/15 Lugo at 0702 all trailers Prime, Alliance and Clipper
B-SBDSIF4 Su 4/3/16 Lugo webcam at 1230, all Alliance trailers, 4+0
B-SBDSIF4 Su 4/24/16 SBD lv 1017, Lugo at 1212, Tu 4/26/16 BAK leave afternoon ~100 mty Alliance trailers 2+0

mapboy 

Date: 06/24/17 19:28
Author: SN711

You can pretty much count on North Bay sending out a repo baretable on Monday morning and Thursday early afternoon. The third may be on early Wednesday afternoon. I don't always here the symbol but they are usually BNBYSBD or BNBYLAC.

Gary

Posted from iPhone

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0841 seconds