Home Open Account Help 404 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Sunset at Whiteside

Date: 07/25/17 14:48
Sunset at Whiteside
Author: nwkrailfan

Late in the evening, last night I found myself stationed at the west end of Whiteside siding on the Union Pacific Golden State Route just west of Hutchinson, Kansas. Almost a half-hour earlier I noticed a double yellow at the intermediate signal to Whiteside. As the sun sank lower in the sky a westbound manifest appeared and was promptly met by an eastbound double stack train. Finally, with the sun nearly gone for the day the signal at the west end displayed a clear aspect and the westbound manifest was back on its way. The crew has fifty miles to go before stepping off the train at Pratt from Herington.

1) UP 7939 highballs the west end of Whiteside as the sun grazes the tops of the rails.
2) A gondola in train allowed a peak at the mainline signal, albeit breifly.

Thanks for looking!
nwkrailfan

Date: 07/25/17 14:57
Re: Sunset at Whiteside
Author: weather

Superb!

Date: 07/25/17 15:57
Author: santafe199

Nice! Reminds me of 6 years ago when that big bunch of us chased the BNSF employee special's multiple runs out from Newton...

Lance

Date: 07/25/17 16:14
Author: ns1000

Very nice..!!

Date: 07/25/17 16:55
Author: donner_dude1

Excellent - I love the mood of the shot.

Date: 07/25/17 18:59
Author: VFPNSFAN

Wow!

Date: 07/25/17 20:24
Author: DynamicBrake

Great pair, thanks for the share. That first shot is STUNNING!! An IOTD candidate.

Kent in CArmel Valley

Date: 07/26/17 06:54
Author: bobk

Great shots!

Date: 07/26/17 10:34
Author: BNSF-6432

Beautiful!

PQM

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0412 seconds