Home Open Account Help 209 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Cima Yesterday

Date: 07/26/17 08:17
Cima Yesterday
Author: crazybill

We arrived at Cima, CA around 10:30AM and it was mostly sunny and around 84 degrees. By the time we left it was 70 degrees, raining and windy. Not a lot of trains but plenty of weather.
-Bill-

The view towards Kelso around 1PM

Date: 07/26/17 08:19
Re: Cima Yesterday

Looking toward Las Vegas:

Date: 07/26/17 08:21

Parting shot, still looking East:

Date: 07/26/17 08:54
Author: CBRL

Nice shots, Bill, especially the last one. I miss the Mojave Desert, and I moved to Oregon before I started railfanning again.

Tom Trent
Eugene, OR

Date: 07/26/17 14:42
Author: mojaveflyer

Nice series of shots, I especially like the clouds!

James Nelson
Thornton, CO
www.flickr.com/mojaveflyer

Date: 07/26/17 23:44
Author: railwaybaron

Did the Cima Store ever reopen?

Date: 07/27/17 06:16

The Cima Store showed no signs of being open when I was there.
-Bill-

Date: 07/27/17 16:09
Author: CimaScrambler

Think I heard somewhere that the woman that ran the Cima store passed on some years ago. It would take a special breed of person to want to run such a place, as remote as it is. I suspect when the Cima store was in its heyday, the Sierra Nevada Mine was working, there were iron ore and limestone truckloads being delivered to the railroad at Cima from mines north of US Hwy 91 (today's I-15), and perhaps even the Morning Star Mine supported a few hardy souls. These days it the people that would support such a store are flying by on their way into their last hour to Vegas. If the National Park folks can't even keep the lunch counter at Kelso going, I don't see much hope for a store at Cima.

Kit Courter
Menefee, CA
LunarLight Photography

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/27/17 16:09 by CimaScrambler.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0333 seconds