Home Open Account Help 238 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > A Good Morning

Date: 07/26/17 18:35
A Good Morning
Author: twjurgens

Usually don't go directly home after church on Sunday mornings and take advantage of the opportunity to do a little railfanning. July 16 was one of opportunities that worked out well!

First up was the UP local with 1618 and 1561 as power. The first shot is just south of the I-80 bridge on the north side of Lincoln, NE. The next two are near 3rd and J where the train is approaching BNSF's Hobson yard. Lance, in case you don't remember, Memorial Stadium is in the background of that second shot. Thought you'd like to be reminded.

(3 more follow)

Date: 07/26/17 18:38
Re: A Good Morning
Author: twjurgens

Then, caught an eastbound sand train powered by BNSF 3835 and 6743. I'd seen this guy leave the yard about 45 minutes earlier but too late for shots there. When I headed home, he was stopped by the elevators near 33rd Street.

At Waverly, BNSF 6300 and KCS 4504 were waiting for a clear signal with a coal load. This one left the yard on main 1 (which is unusual) and they ran him around the sand train, crossing over to main 2 at Havelock.

Date: 07/27/17 19:03
Re: A Good Morning
Author: santafe199

twjurgens Wrote: > ... Lance, in case you don't remember, Memorial Stadium is in the background of that second shot ...
Well shucks... I guess that's a big oopsie on my part: I THOUGHT that was a prison, with everybody wearing a bright color with big numbers on the back...

Willie

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0502 seconds