Home Open Account Help 305 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > BNSF Pikes Peak Local

Date: 07/27/17 16:35
BNSF Pikes Peak Local
Author: ts2100

I caught the southbound Pikes Peak local at Palmer Lake today and then followed it to Colorado Springs.

Todd Skaggs
Dodge City, KS

Date: 07/27/17 16:37
Re: BNSF Pikes Peak Local
Author: ts2100

Few more pictures.

Date: 07/27/17 16:43
Author: TomPlatten

If that is generally the sum total of traffic for the Local, why doesn't BNSF inform the customer that it is discontinuing service. That is obviously not a profitable train!

Date: 07/27/17 17:37
Author: jointauthority

Yes, because you know everything thing there is to know about railroad operations and the pikes peak local.

It's crazy that they installed PTC in that BN SD40 and didn't give a damn enough to install air conditioning. I feel bad for the crew having to run that POS engine without air conditioning during the summer.

TomPlatten Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> If that is generally the sum total of traffic for
> the Local, why doesn't BNSF inform the customer
> that it is discontinuing service. That is
> obviously not a profitable train!

Posted from Android

Date: 07/27/17 19:19

Gosh--I must have hit a nerve! I was just making an observation based on what I saw in the photos---take it easy!!!!

Date: 07/27/17 19:25
Author: jointauthority

I understand, but why would you want to cut service and jobs simply because the train looks small? Trust me, they wouldn't be running that job if it wasn't profitable, or if they did have to.
That's a fun easy job,

Posted from Android

Date: 07/27/17 19:28

I suspected you had some connection with the local--I touched a nerve!

Date: 07/27/17 19:34
Author: callum_out

I've never seen that Local heavy enough to justify the crew and distance though there's more to it
than just making money on one Local. The way the SD0 rebuilds have been going I would expect that
unit to get air in the near future.

Out

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0475 seconds