Home Open Account Help 384 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > SF 4-8-4 and 2-10-4 at CSRM

Date: 07/27/17 17:25
SF 4-8-4 and 2-10-4 at CSRM
Author: Auburnrail

I know that this is somewhat of a sad history, but at least these two are now free of graffiti and off the levee and are displayed in some cosmetic restoration (alright, just paint) at the Depot at the California State RR Museum. And no, before anyrestoration ideas surface, these two really have no place to run, so for the moment this is the best that could be done. I understand that the vulnerable fittings, bell, nameplates and instruments are in safe storage somewhere at CSRM.

George Andrassy

Date: 07/27/17 17:31
Re: SF 4-8-4 and 2-10-4 at CSRM
Author: CPRR

Is Bazos a fan of trains? He is with 90 billion. Between him and Buffet, I am sure somewhere could be found to run them....

Just dreaming.

Posted from iPhone

Date: 07/27/17 17:55
Author: cchan006

CPRR Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Is Bazos a fan of trains? He is with 90 billion.
> Between him and Buffet, I am sure somewhere could
> be found to run them....
>
> Just dreaming.
>

Don't fall for the financial media's propaganda regarding "net worth." If Bezos and Buffett decide to liquidate their assets to cash, they'll probably be worth much less, even though they'll still have plenty of money.

Another proof that there are places where passenger rail can make money is when railroads like JR East and JR West restore steam locomotives to encourage tourists and railfans to ride regular trains (to help profitability) on their way to ride steam. Ain't gonna happen here.

Date: 07/27/17 18:59
Author: wigwag

Looks like Spider-Man was playing on the locomotive.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0454 seconds