Home Open Account Help 238 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > The Whole Crew at Shawmut, AZ

Date: 07/27/17 21:58
The Whole Crew at Shawmut, AZ
Author: RayLewis

Having kids has slowed down my rail photography. But I still get to do more now that they can somewhat operate on their own. When I don't have the kids I take off for hikes trying to find some good views (would be carrying kids with all my gear if I took em haha). WIth that said occasionally I do get the boys out but of course have to stay somewhat close to the rails. In this scene I took the whole crew out to Shawmut to meet Dick Dorn and Mike Johannessen in November of 2016. Kind of a hard shot to pass up with the girlfriend, her daughter and my two boys all with cameras raised capturing the rear end UP7449 pushing on an Eastbound stack train. 3 kids naturally shooting the train...that is a difficult task in it's own right!

Ray

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/27/17 22:28 by RayLewis.

Date: 07/27/17 22:06
Re: The Whole Crew at Shawmut, AZ
Author: Margaret_SP_fan

Priceless, just priceless! Photos like this one
will be treasures for the rest of your lives.

So glad they all enjoy trains! And even enjoy
taking pictures of them! You are one lucky guy!

Date: 07/27/17 22:11

Thank you...I have lots of memories of that day and I agree with you...I am lucky. Now I just gotta train em how to be patient when there are no trains haha. Last time though I was a bad dad...forgot my youngest kid's camera. That made it a little tougher.
Ray

Date: 07/27/17 22:22
Author: DynamicBrake

Ray, your photo gives a real meaning to, "kids and trains...priceless." Thanks for sharing.

Kent in CArmel Valley

Date: 07/28/17 04:37
Author: SPgoletablock

Really great shot! That's what it's all about!

Date: 07/28/17 11:40
Author: edbac333

What a great picture! Completely changes my mood on a previously to this bad day!

Date: 07/28/17 11:47

Thank you all. I enjoy these days....and I am lucky to have caught such a lucky scene. Kids don't comply with staged photos well haha. Especially the 4 yr old!

Posted from Android

Date: 07/28/17 14:03
Author: Hookdragkick

That photo would make any familyman proud. The 4-yo little man only want you to assume that, as he chooses to conduct rail-reconnoiter behind some rocky defilade. Good on him lol. 

Date: 07/28/17 15:05
Author: callum_out

Those pictures are worth their weight in gold, my grown kids cringe every time I bring up our outings
when they were that age.

Out

Date: 07/29/17 08:14
Author: chips7335

Now that is a picture to behold. You should be so proud!

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0318 seconds