Home Open Account Help 266 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Military train turn around

Date: 08/11/17 15:40
Military train turn around
Author: CPRR

Apparently the BNSF delivered on the UP Coast line military train hit a snafu at Camp Roberts, the flats need to be turned around. The loop at the base can handle 4 axle power, the locos are 6 axle.

UP is sending down a unit, and a crew is coming from SLO to take the flats to the Watsonville wye to turn them this weekend.

All info via Altamont Press.

Personal note: if the track in the base needs to be rehabbed to handle larger locomotives, will it happen? I do not think that Camp Roberts has a rail unit on base. The tracks are from WW2 I am sure

Posted from iPhone

Date: 08/11/17 16:30
Re: Military train turn around
Author: rdlehmer

Didn't even realize that the loop at Camp Roberts was operational. However, if they are taking the train all the way back to Watsonville, that would suggest that either the loop is Out Of Service or that the sidings at McKay are plugged with stored cars.

Ron

Date: 08/11/17 16:36
Author: miralomarail

About 10 years ago, the trackage received repairs and a Army GP unit was used to take a train around the loop for testing

Date: 08/11/17 17:50
Author: PHall

But there has not been a unit assigned to Club Bob in many a year.

Date: 08/11/17 23:56
Author: pdt

I was there today. Some of this info may be erroneous. See post abv w pix.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.2555 seconds