Home Open Account Help 317 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Toto Tuesday: On Cue

Date: 08/15/17 17:17
Toto Tuesday: On Cue
Author: mg8711

As if the railfan and weather gods hadn't treated me enough this year to good timing of trains and textured storm clouds over Eastern Kansas, last night, for my first railfan outing in nearly a month the watchful powers above yet again presented me with some luck.

I was out of the house in pursuit of storm pictures east of Manhattan but while waiting at the stop light on McCall Road so I could turn east, right on cue, UP's MSIKC manifest rolled into view. The stop light turned green and as they say, the chase was on!

1) With aforementioned storm clouds about to block out the sun, UP 6005 approaches Swamp Angel Road east of Manhattan with the Salina-Kansas City manifest in tow.

2) Looking across a bean field, the train is stretched out in the Kansas River Valley east of Wamego.

3) Backing off for a wide angle view still here at Airport Road, the 6005 takes the attention away from a dying thunderstorm, which had a lot of my attention on the drive over with a rounded cloud base.

All images taken August 14th, 2017

Thanks for looking!
mg8711

Date: 08/15/17 18:02
Re: Toto Tuesday: On Cue
Author: TonyJ

It doesn't get much better than that! Beautiful!

Date: 08/15/17 18:58
Author: icancmp193

Very IOTD!

TJY

Date: 08/15/17 20:55
Author: grandroad

mg8780 - Your second shot is super. IMOD.

Paul Brennecke
Golden, CO

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/15/17 20:55 by grandroad.

Date: 08/15/17 22:44
Author: Ritzville

Very NICE shots!!

Larry

Date: 08/16/17 05:35
Author: santafe199

Good stuff, partner! I love the 'green vs gray' color the Land of OZ so often gives us, especially in #2...

Lance

Date: 08/19/17 16:20
Author: bmarti7

Nice stuff Lucas. Heading to the Land of Oz next week via Nebraska and KC.

BB

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0462 seconds