Home Open Account Help 334 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Kansas has a "Railfest" too

Date: 09/12/17 14:27
Kansas has a "Railfest" too
Author: ATSF3768

Shameless plug - but for a good cause.

The Great Plains Transportation Museum will be hosting the second annual "Kansas Railfest" September 16, 2017 from 9-4. The event will take place at the combined sites of the Great Plains Transportation Museum and Union Station. Lehigh Valley Coal Company #126 will be operating, and short rides will be offered up and down the museum tracks. Also here will be Union Pacific's Missouri pacific heritage locomotive 1982, operating layouts from the Wichita Toy Train club and Wichita Area Garden Railroad Society, displays of 7.5" live steam trains, antique trucks from the Antique Truck Historical Society, kids activities, shopping (including some model trains and railroad collectibles), telegraph demonstrations, live music, and more.

This is a key fundraiser for the museum. If you live nearby, come see us. We'd appreciate your help in developing future generations of railroad buffs!

Visit ksrailfest.org for details

Thanks!

Date: 09/12/17 14:49
Re: Kansas has a "Railfest" too
Author: santafe199

ATSF3768 Wrote: > ... for a good cause ...

Any other time I'd jump all over a fun opportunity like this. However one of my young compadres, TO member "nwkrailfan" is getting married in Lyons on the 16th.
Good luck with the event!

Lance/199 

Date: 09/12/17 18:21
Author: wag216

Must of the crowd will be Railway Historians. The last time I saw a railbuff, he was busy shining the frog on the MoPac north of the Friends University when the AT&SF 3768 was taken back downtown. wag216

Date: 09/13/17 06:38
Author: livesteamer

Sure wish I could make it; was a member back in the mid 80s when I was assigned to McConnell AFB. I remember taking the museum's speeder and trailer over to McConnell and spending all day Saturday running back and forth on the base's tracks. Got a lot of strange looks along the flight line road.

Marty Harrison
Knob Noster, MO

Date: 09/14/17 19:49
Author: Milw_E70

Good luck getting the MoPac unit there, it's currently sitting unassigned in North Little Rock.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0531 seconds