Home Open Account Help 229 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Amarillo by morning...

Date: 09/13/17 06:59
Amarillo by morning...
Author: MOAR-ISO

I awakened from a slumber of approximately five hours and forty five minutes in more than adequate lodging accommodation in the High plains city of Amarillo in order to arrive at this location to photograph this westbound intermodal train that was traveling from Chicago to San Bernardino on the Burlington Northern Santa Fe’s ex uncle John Santa Fe double tracked Panhandle Subdivision mainline.

Upon arrival at this location, I estimated the next trains passing speed should be between 25 and 68 miles per hour so I expertly deployed my tripod and proceed to adjust the settings on my technologically advanced digital photography apparatus to the needed ISO to capture and stop in motion the speed of the locomotives and head end of the train of double stacked fifty three foot domestic shipping containers traveling in specially designed articulated well cars to minimize blur and to give a feeling of the shape and girth of the forty four hundered horsepower giant of the plains against the moody, hazy and slightly obstructed sight of Mr. Sol.

“The moody, hazy and slightly obstructed sight of Mr. Sol” you ask? Yes – and I’d like to take this opportunity to thank you for asking – the moody, hazy and slightly obstructed sight of Mr. Sol was caused by the smoke from Montana Wildfires being lifted many thousands of feel into the atmosphere by the Jetstream and being taken for a ride of many hundred miles southward into the vast and open southern plains. However, I feel this situation only added to the drama of my series of photographs.

I can only certainly hope you will agree.

MOAR-ISO

Date: 09/13/17 07:17
Re: Amarillo by morning...
Author: GP30Frank

I saw this heading , and thought George Strait had joined TO .

Date: 09/13/17 07:26

George Strait is a fine country western artist...I only wish I could sing as well as I take pictures.

MOAR

Posted from iPhone

Date: 09/13/17 09:14
Author: Copy19

The Union Pacific Country Band used to do a fine version of "Amarillo by Morning".

Date: 09/13/17 11:28
Author: sp8192

Just stunning! Absolutely Beautiful! I hope to one day take as fine of pics as you..

Date: 09/13/17 11:36
Author: SD45X

And the rest of the day?

Date: 09/13/17 12:40
Author: UPTRAIN

This might be the best thing I've ever seen.

Pump

Date: 09/14/17 08:17

It was even the best day of my whole life.

UPTRAIN Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> This might be the best thing I've ever seen.
>
> Pump

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.1275 seconds